HIOKI CM4371-50 AC/DC CLAMP METER
True RMS 600 A AC/DC Clamp Meter for the Toughest Situations
With DMM Functions that Deliver Top Safety
3 Year Warranty | TRMS | CE | Bluetooth* [optional]
Hioki clamp meters are best-in-class measuring devices incorporating Hioki’s expertise in current sensing technology. Model CM4371-50 is a 600 A True RMS clamp meter that features stronger jaws, IP54 dustproof and waterproof enclosure to enable professionals to work quickly in tough situations including the development, repair, and maintenance of equipment and devices such as electric vehicles. Additionally, the high-voltage DC measurement capability of up to 2000 V (*1) is ideal for the clamp maintenance inspections of electrical and solar power equipment.
CAT IV 600 V, CAT III 1000 V
When using the P2000: CAT III 2000 V, CAT IV 1000 V
- Measure DC voltages of up to 2000 V (*1) for open voltage inspections of solar panels
- Simultaneously measure inrush current in RMS and crest values
- Easily transfer measurement data to your smartphone or tablet by using our free app GENNECT Cross or to an Excel® file (*2)
- Harmonic analysis from 1st to 30th order with our free app GENNECT Cross (*2)
- Automatic AC/DC function helps boost work efficiency
- *1:When using the optional DC High Voltage Probe P2000. The clamp meter itself is capable of measuring up to 1000 V DC.
- *2:Wireless Adapter Z3210 is necessary.
Model No. (Order Code)
CM4371-50: Wireless Adapter Z3210 not included
CM4371-90: Bundled with the Wireless Adapter Z3210
Safe inspection of solar installations with high voltage
DC High V Probe Mode
– Enables high voltage measurement up to CAT III 2000 V
– Safely measure solar installations like the mega-solar without interrupting the grid by simply connecting the DC High Voltage Probe P2000 to compatible Hioki clamp meters and digital multimeters (DMMs)
Wireless communication capability for even greater convenience
When the Wireless Adapter Z3210 is installed, Bluetooth® wireless communication is enabled. It transfers measurements to your smartphone or tablet and allows you to quickly create reports with field photos and drawings.
Excel® Direct Input Function (*1)
Boost work efficiency in the field by letting you directly transfer measurement data to (i.e., enter measured values directly into) templates created as Excel®.
- *1:The optional Wireless Adapter Z3210 is required.
Helping personnel analyze issues in the field
When combined with GENNECT Cross (*2), you can perform simple harmonic analysis. Applications include problem analysis of power supply systems.
Problems that can be caused by harmonics
- Equipment burn-out and destruction due to overheating
- Malfunctions of power control devices
- Increased loss along with reduced service life and efficiency for power devices
- *2:GENNECT Cross is an free app that lets you connect field measuring instruments to smartphones and tablets using Bluetooth® communications. Wireless Adapter Z3210 (sold separately) is required in order to pair the instrument with GENNECT Cross.
Convenient for repeated measurement and recording tasks!
Automatic hold function
In addition to being convenient when the display cannot be seen during measurement, when the measurement value is stabilized, the display value is automatically held until the next measurement, which is very convenient for repeated measurement and recording tasks.
Assess transient currents at motor startup
The clamp meters can simultaneously measure inrush current in RMS as well as maximum crest values at motor startup and for welding currents.
The clamp meters automatically detect the duration of the inrush current (which can range from several dozen milliseconds to several hundred milliseconds) and measure the current during that interval, enabling them to yield more accurate
measurements than standard clamp-on meters whose measurement interval is fixed to 100 ms.