HIOKI CM4375-50 AC/DC CLAMP METER
True RMS 1000 A AC/DC Clamp Meter
Easily Get Into Tight Spaces – Innovative Jaw Provides Remarkable Accessibility
3 Year Warranty | TRMS | CE | Bluetooth* [optional]
Hioki clamp on meters are best-in-class measuring devices incorporating Hioki’s expertise in current sensing technology. The CM4375-50 is a 1000 A AC/DC True RMS clamp meter that features a uniquely designed slim jaw that lets you easily get into the narrow gaps between cables in crowded electrical distribution boxes without fear of damaging the cables or the clamp meter. The broad IP54 dustproof and waterproof enclosure to enable professionals to work quickly in challenging situations including the development, repair, and maintenance of equipment and devices such as electric vehicles. Additionally, the high-voltage DC measurement capability of up to 2000 V (*1) is ideal for the clamp maintenance inspections of electrical and solar power equipment.
CAT IV 600 V, CAT III 1000 V
When using the P2000: CAT III 2000 V, CAT IV 1000 V
- Measure DC voltages of up to 2000 V (*1) for open voltage inspections of solar panels
- Simultaneously measure inrush current in RMS and crest values
- Easily transfer measurement data to your smartphone or tablet by using our free app GENNECT Cross or to an Excel® file (*2)
- Harmonic analysis from 1st to 30th order with our free app GENNECT Cross (*2)
- Automatic AC/DC function helps boost work efficiency
*1:When using the optional DC High Voltage Probe P2000. The clamp meter itself is capable of measuring up to 1000 V DC.
*2:Wireless Adapter Z3210 is necessary.
Model No. (Order Code)
CM4375-50: Wireless Adapter Z3210 not included
CM4375-90: Bundled with the Wireless Adapter Z3210
Safe inspection of solar installations with high voltage
DC High V Probe Mode
– Enables high voltage measurement up to CAT III 2000 V
– Safely measure solar installations like the mega-solar without interrupting the grid by simply connecting the DC High Voltage Probe P2000 to compatible Hioki clamp meters and digital multimeters (DMMs)
Wireless communication capability for even greater convenience
When the Wireless Adapter Z3210 is installed, Bluetooth® wireless communication is enabled. It transfers measurements to your smartphone or tablet and allows you to quickly create reports with field photos and drawings.
Excel® Direct Input Function (*1)
Boost work efficiency in the field by letting you directly transfer measurement data to (i.e., enter measured values directly into) templates created as Excel®.
- *1:The optional Wireless Adapter Z3210 is required.
Helping personnel analyze issues in the field
When combined with GENNECT Cross (*2), you can perform simple harmonic analysis. Applications include problem analysis of power supply systems.
Problems that can be caused by harmonics
- Equipment burn-out and destruction due to overheating
- Malfunctions of power control devices
- Increased loss along with reduced service life and efficiency for power devices
- *2:GENNECT Cross is an free app that lets you connect field measuring instruments to smartphones and tablets using Bluetooth® communications. Wireless Adapter Z3210 (sold separately) is required in order to pair the instrument with GENNECT Cross.
Convenient for repeated measurement and recording tasks!
Automatic hold function
In addition to being convenient when the display cannot be seen during measurement, when the measurement value is stabilized, the display value is automatically held until the next measurement, which is very convenient for repeated measurement and recording tasks.
Assess transient currents at motor startup
The clamp meters can simultaneously measure inrush current in RMS as well as maximum crest values at motor startup and for welding currents.
The clamp meters automatically detect the duration of the inrush current (which can range from several dozen milliseconds to several hundred milliseconds) and measure the current during that interval, enabling them to yield more accurate
measurements than standard clamp-on meters whose measurement interval is fixed to 100 ms.
Uncompromising Design: Innovative jaw provides remarkable accessibility
Panel overcrowding is commonly found in many power distribution breakers and termination boxes. The newly designed thin sensor gets into even the most limited spaces. Eliminate the issues of trying to find the right wire or forcing the clamp around thick cables.
Damage-resistant jaws! Guaranteed for 30,000 open-close cycles
The new and improved design features stronger jaws (the current sensor portion of the instrument) and a dramatic boost in the duration of the warranty from 10,000 to 30,000 open-close cycles to ensure the instrument will provide even more years of reliable use. The CM4375siries deliver the dual functionality of ease of clamping and resistance to damage.
Inrush (Rush current): Assess transient currents at motor startup
Can simultaneously measure inrush current in RMS as well as maximum crest values at motor startup and for welding currents. The clamp meters automatically detect the duration of the inrush current (which can range from several dozen milliseconds to several hundred milliseconds) and measure the current during that interval, enabling them to yield more accurate measurements than standard clamp-on meters whose measurement interval is fixed to 100 ms. Use the inrush current feature for motor installation and maintenance to prevent circuit breakers from tripping, especially with high efficiency motors that have inrush current many times greater than the steady-state current of the motor.